Whether it's a subject you have always wanted painted, a spot on a wall you would like filled, or a unique gift you would like to give, it's easy to commission a painting or drawing. I can work with your budget and needs. Depending on size of the piece and timeframe for completion, artist normally charges a non-refundable deposit of 1/3 to 1/2 with the balance due on completion of the art work. Custom payment plans can be arranged.
COMMISSION A PORTRAIT DRAWING
To commission a portrait drawing, please call me at 704-596-1286, or email me for more information.
Shown at Left: "Portrait of Jeremy Goodwyne", 16x12" charcoal drawing
This is an example of a head only portrait commission, which includes a quick realistic portrait on an abstract background with loose interpretation of the neck and shoulders. (click on photo for larger image)
PRICE: A 16x12" charcoal, head only portrait, is $300. Other sizes and details available.
How can I commission you to paint a painting?
If you would like to commission a portrait, landscape or still life painting, please call me at 704-596-1286, or email me, to discuss what you have in mind. The process of commissioning a painting is typically as follows:
- Artist and client will discuss the details of the painting—the subject, size, medium, colors, etc.
- Client will submit any necessary reference materials, such as photographs, along with a signed commission agreement detailing cost and estimated timeline, and a non-refundable deposit.
- For portrait commissions, artist will meet in person to discuss the pose, take reference photos, and arrange several times for sitting for the portrait. For portraits, the artist will work from a combination of live pose and reference photographs.
- Artist will draw a compositional sketch and email to client for review.
- Artist will proceed with commencing the painting.
- If client desires framing, artist will email client links to recommended frames for review. Payment for framing is due at time of frame order.
- Upon completion of painting, artist will arrange to meet client for approval of the completed work (if local) or email a photo of the finished piece.
- Upon approval and payment of balance due, painting will be hand-delivered or shipped to client once the painting is dry enough to send.
- If desired, artist will make arrangements with client for varnishing at the appropriate time. Varnishing should be done 6-12 months after the painting is completed to allow enough time for the paint to cure.
For more information, please see the how to purchase page.